Seminole State Trojans Clings To Victory As Rose Nearly Erases 8-Run Deficit
- Seminole State Trojans Clings To Victory As Rose Nearly Erases 8-Run Deficit
- Seminole State Trojans got out to an eight-run lead in the third inning and held on for a 9-7 victory over Rose on Saturday. Rose scored six runs in the failed comeback on a home run by Ashley Walden in the third, a fielder's choice by Raegan Rotten in the fifth, a single by Camenda Osborn in the sixth, and a single by Hannah Dean in the seventh.
- Both offenses were strong at the plate as Seminole State Trojans collected 12 hits and Rose seven in the high-scoring affair
- Seminole State Trojans opened up scoring in the first inning, when Emily Richardson doubled on a 2-1 count, scoring three runs.
- Seminole State Trojans tallied four runs in the third inning. Sydney Martin and Haley Womackall contributed in the big inning with RBIs.
- Rose scored three runs in the fifth inning. Rose scored its runs on a fielder's choice by Rotten.
- Ally Lewis took the win for Seminole State Trojans. She lasted seven innings, allowing seven hits and seven runs while striking out four.
- Matison Worcester took the loss for Rose. She went two and a third innings, allowing seven runs on six hits and striking out two.
- Seminole State Trojans racked up 12 hits in the game. Tarin Dubler, Taylor Rowley, Womack, and Martin each had multiple hits for Seminole State Trojans. Dubler led Seminole State Trojans with three hits in five at bats.
- Rose tallied seven hits. Kaytlyn Marsh and Walden all had multiple hits for Rose. Marsh went 3-for-3 at the plate to lead Rose in hits.
2B: Emily Richardson
TB: Tarin Dubler 3, Jac Gray, Sydney Martin 2, Teryn Pritchett, Emily Richardson 2, Taylor Rowley 2, Haley Womack 2
RBI: Tarin Dubler, Sydney Martin 2, Emily Richardson 3, Haley Womack 2
ROE: Emily Richardson, Jolie Romine
FC: Shayla Harper, Suni Meeley, Taylor Rowley
HBP: Emily Richardson
SB: Shayla Harper, Jolie Romine
Pitches-Strikes: Ally Lewis 114-68
Groundouts-Flyouts: Ally Lewis 8-4
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: Ally Lewis 20-32