Seminole State College Claims Lead In Sixth Inning To Defeat Hutchinson Community College
- Seminole State College defeated Hutchinson Community College 15-9 on Tuesday after taking the lead late in the game. Seminole State College was down 8-6 in the bottom of the sixth inning when Marc Lebreux tripled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring three runs.
- The base paths were crowded in this high-scoring game. Seminole State College collected 14 hits and Hutchinson Community College had 11.
- Hutchinson Community College captured the lead in the second inning when Max McGuiredoubled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- In the top of the fifth inning, Hutchinson Community College tied things up at six when Zion Bowlin singled on a 0-1 count, scoring one run.
- Seminole State College took the lead for good with four runs in the sixth inning. In the sixth Tucker Dunlap singled on a 1-1 count, scoring one run.
- Seminole State College scored five runs in the seventh inning. The offensive onslaught by Seminole State College was led by Brayden Rodden, Lebreux, and Archer Brookman, all sending runners across the plate with RBIs in the inning.
- Maddux Solomon earned the victory on the pitcher's mound for Seminole State College. He surrendered two runs on one hit over two innings, striking out three. Mehki Edwards, Cole Broughton, and Robert Briley all put in work in relief out of the bullpen, steering their team towards the victory.
- Zach Firmature took the loss for Hutchinson Community College. He lasted two-thirds of an inning, allowing five hits and five runs while striking out one and walking one.
- Dawson Linder started the game for Hutchinson Community College. He allowed one hit and one run over one inning, striking out one and walking one Tanner Lawrence started the game for Seminole State College. He went two and a third innings, allowing four runs on five hits and striking out two
- Seminole State College launched three home runs on the day. Josh Lewis went for the long ball in the first inning. Brookman had a dinger in the seventh inning. Lebreux had a homer in the seventh inning.
- Seminole State College tallied 14 hits. Rodden, Lebreux, Mack Chambers, Brookman, Chase Bryan, and Dunlap each managed multiple hits for Seminole State College. Rodden led Seminole State College with three hits in four at bats.
- Hutchinson Community College racked up 11 hits in the game. Bowlin and Dylan Nedved all managed multiple hits for Hutchinson Community College. Bowlin went 3-for-4 at the plate to lead Hutchinson Community College in hits.
2B: Chase Bryan, Brayden Rodden 2
3B: Marc Lebreux
HR: Archer Brookman, Marc Lebreux, Josh Lewis
TB: Archer Brookman 5, Chase Bryan 3, Mack Chambers 2, Tucker Dunlap 2, Marc Lebreux 7, Josh Lewis 4, Brayden Rodden 5
RBI: Archer Brookman 2, Tucker Dunlap, Marc Lebreux 6, Josh Lewis 2, Brayden Rodden 2
SF: Josh Lewis
HBP: Joseph Craig, Stanton James, Brayden Rodden
GIDP: Archer Brookman
W: Maddux Solomon
HBP: Robert Briley
Pitches-Strikes: Robert Briley 19-12, Cole Broughton 16-7, Mehki Edwards 50-26, Tanner Lawrence 58-32, Maddux Solomon 49-28
Groundouts-Flyouts: Robert Briley 3-0, Cole Broughton 0-0, Mehki Edwards 0-3, Tanner Lawrence 2-2, Maddux Solomon 1-1
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: Robert Briley 5-7, Cole Broughton 2-3, Mehki Edwards 7-12, Tanner Lawrence 8-15, Maddux Solomon 7-10