Seminole State College Claims Lead In Fifth Inning To Defeat Eastern Oklahoma State College
- Seminole State College snatched the lead late in the game in an 8-2 victory over Eastern Oklahoma State College on Saturday. The game was tied at two with Seminole State Collegebatting in the top of the fifth when Layne Hartsfield singled on a 2-2 count, scoring two runs.
- Seminole State College got things moving in the second inning, when Marc Lebreux hit a solo homer.
- In the bottom of the fourth inning, Eastern Oklahoma State College tied things up at two. Reed Shepard singled on the first pitch of the at bat, scoring one run.
- Seminole State College tallied four runs in the seventh inning. Seminole State College put the pressure on, lead by a single by Hartsfield and a home run by Chaz Orr.
- Kevin Dickey earned the victory on the mound for Seminole State College. He lasted seven innings, allowing four hits and two runs while striking out 12 and walking one.
- Koty Frank took the loss for Eastern Oklahoma State College. He surrendered four runs on four hits over five innings, striking out six.
- Seminole State College launched two home runs on the day. Lebreux went yard in the second inning. Orr had a dinger in the seventh inning.
- Hartsfield led Seminole State College with two hits in two at bats.
- Shepard went 2-for-3 at the plate to lead Eastern Oklahoma State College in hits.
2B: Joseph Craig
HR: Marc Lebreux, Chaz Orr
TB: Archer Brookman, Mack Chambers, Joseph Craig 2, Layne Hartsfield 2, Marc Lebreux 4, Chaz Orr 4
RBI: Layne Hartsfield 3, Marc Lebreux 2, Chaz Orr 3
SF: Marc Lebreux
ROE: Brayden Rodden
FC: Archer Brookman, Chase Bryan, Fred Walter
HBP: Archer Brookman, Chase Bryan, Tucker Dunlap
SB: Josh Lewis
W: Kevin Dickey
WP: Kevin Dickey
Pitches-Strikes: Kevin Dickey 104-67
Groundouts-Flyouts: Kevin Dickey 2-4
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: Kevin Dickey 16-27