Seven RBI Day For Layne Hartsfield Spells Out Victory For Seminole State College Over Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College
- Seven runs batted in from Layne Hartsfield helped lead Seminole State College past Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College 15-4 on Friday. Hartsfield drove in runs on a double in the first, a home run in the fifth, and a single in the fifth.
- Seminole State College secured the victory thanks to eight runs in the fifth inning. Hartsfield, Mack Chambers, Marc Lebreux, Joseph Craig, and Hartsfield all drove in runs in the frame.
- Seminole State College opened up scoring in the first inning. Chambers hit a solo homer.
- Seminole State College put up eight runs in the fifth inning. Hartsfield, Chambers, Lebreux, Craig, and Hartsfield each had RBIs in the big inning.
- Robert Briley was the winning pitcher for Seminole State College. He allowed four hits and three runs over five innings, striking out four. Cole Broughton and Cal Howard entered the game out of the bullpen and helped to close out the game in relief.
- Brooks Antle took the loss for Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. He went three and two-thirds innings, allowing nine runs on ten hits and striking out one.
- Dakodah Jones started the game for Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College. He lasted two-thirds of an inning, allowing three hits and five runs while striking out one
- Seminole State College socked three home runs on the day. Chambers went yard in the first inning. Lebreux put one out in the first inning. Hartsfield had a long ball in the fifth inning.
- Seminole State College collected 17 hits on the day. Chambers, Lebreux, Hartsfield, Craig, and CJ IVY all managed multiple hits for Seminole State College. Hartsfield, Lebreux, and Chambers each collected three hits to lead Seminole State College. Seminole State Collegedidn't commit a single error in the field. Craig had the most chances in the field with eight.
- Northeastern Oklahoma A&M College didn't commit a single error in the field. Colton Marionhad six chances in the field, the most on the team.
2B: Layne Hartsfield, Marc Lebreux
HR: Mack Chambers, Layne Hartsfield, Marc Lebreux
TB: Archer Brookman, Mack Chambers 6, Joseph Craig 2, Tucker Dunlap, Layne Hartsfield 7, CJ IVY 2, Marc Lebreux 7, Josh Lewis, Brayden Rodden
RBI: Mack Chambers 2, Joseph Craig, Layne Hartsfield 7, CJ IVY, Marc Lebreux 4
SF: Marc Lebreux
HBP: Archer Brookman, Joseph Craig 2, Brayden Rodden
SB: CJ IVY 2, Josh Lewis
W: Robert Briley
HBP: Robert Briley 2
WP: Cole Broughton 2
Pitches-Strikes: Robert Briley 100-57, Cole Broughton 30-16, Cal Howard 21-12
Groundouts-Flyouts: Robert Briley 6-4, Cole Broughton 0-1, Cal Howard 0-1
First pitch strikes-Batters faced: Robert Briley 14-25, Cole Broughton 4-6, Cal Howard 3-5